Hello everyone. What’s good about your day?
I woke up to a sunny day this morning feeling all energized and motivated. I’ve been doing yoga quite regularly for the last couple of weeks and I can’t even explain how good it leaves my body feeling. Concentrating on breathing has always been a bit “out there” for me, I haven’t really gotten the grasp of it, but I feel like I’m finally getting to a point in my yoga practices that I’m noticing a change. It’s something so powerful and leaves me feeling light and almost like I’m floating in the air. Like I’m part of the air I’m breathing. It’s exhilarating. That is what’s good about my day. I get to make my body move in a way that strengthens me and gives me joy.
I’ve been keeping an eye out for the weather forecasts and been dreading for this amazing sunny and warm weather to pass just in time for my summer holiday to start next week. And unfortunately it’s been looking like the rain is going to come around that time, which sucks for me but is kind of needed at this point, for the nature to recharge a little. After having a little time today thinking about this summer and what was to come, I decided now was as good a time as ever to start doing, not just thinking. Being outside and enjoy the freedom of being in the move. Whilst I was on a walk outside, I started to make a list in my mind of the things I’d want to do and achieve this summer. I wanted to keep it real and achievable and as something I, myself, have control over.
Do you have a habit of making summer bucket lists? Is it something you would imagine yourself doing? I don’t think I’ve ever done one before, but now feels like a good time to start. And I’ve noticed this about myself, that if I have things actually written down, like with my new year’s resolutions list, I’m more likely to live that way and not lose my way in between. Making a list helps me have a purpose and to move forwards. It helps me to be in charge and make the best decisions for myself.
So here it is! MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST (in no particular order)
- Go for a swim – in an actual lake, which I haven’t done in YEARS!!
- Keep practicing yoga regularly AND try to find courage to do it outside
- Read at least three books
- Make tiramisu – I’ve been craving it for far too long
- Do a day trip to a national park to have a walk/hike
- Have a Helsinki day – find a new vegan restaurant or cafe, maybe visit Suomenlinna
- Do a ‘plastic free for a week’ -challenge
- Learn to speak French on some basic level – still studying at home so not going to be anywhere near fluent, that’s for sure
- Keep writing blog posts here
- Have as many picnics as possible
Let me know what you have on your list, what would you like to do and achieve this summer?
Hope you’re having an amazing weekend!